stuck clutch

To: amc-gw!british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: stuck clutch
From: uunet!morpho!alan@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Alan Dahl)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 90 17:06:43 PST
I have a question that I wonder if someone could help
me with.  I let my '78 Midget sit (inside) all winter and
now the clutch is frozen.  My best guess is that the
disk is stuck to the flywheel.  A friend suggested that
to un-stick it I start it in gear, get it up to speed
and then hit the brakes a few times with the clutch
pressed in.  Will this do the job? Is it safe? Is there
any other way to fix my problem without taking things
apart? (a pain in the rear as most of you know)

Thank you, e-mail to me at the address below:

      ___    __    __    __          __      Alan Dahl
    / / /  /  /  /__/  /__/  /__/  /  /      North American MORPHO Systems
   / / /  /__/  / \   /     /  /  /__/       1145 Broadway Plaza
                                             Tacoma, WA. 98402, USA
   PH:  1 (206) 593-8021
   FAX: 1 (206) 591-8856             We shall not cease from exploration
   ...amc-gw!morpho!alan             And the end of all our exploring
                                     Will be to arrive where we started
Standard disclaimer applies...       And know the place for the first time.
                                         - T.S. Eliot