The danger of 'well, while I'm here'

To: uunet!alliant.alliant.com!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: The danger of 'well, while I'm here'
From: mit-eddie!uunet.UU.NET!ssi!coventry!rmb@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Keptin Komrade Dr. Bobwrench III)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 90 11:34:40 CST
        'Lizbeth was scheduled to go into the body shop today to be painted.
Since the moving company is picking up the first $1600 of the tab for damage
done in transit, I figured now would be a good time to get the floors
sandblasted and painted up as well. So as not to incure the $$ for this I'm
trading the body shop the prep work of trim removal.

        But after removing the seats, seat rails, and what was left of the
carpet, I discovered copious quantities of our arch-villian Mr. Rust!!!!
After attacking the vicious Mr. Rust with the help of Mr. Grinder, it
soon became clear that Sir Floor had a tenous grip on life at best in a large
number of places. Retreat to the kitchen for pizza, beer and deep thought was
required. Several slices of pizza later, I had made my decision and went forth
to the toolchest to prepare. Finally, armed with the dreaded Panel Cutter, I
returned to the battlefield. With the application of this dratic measure,
Mr. Rust was soon banished along with about a 18" section of floor.

        Tonight we install the new Floor!! Long Live the Floor! Tomorrow
we go to get Painted!!!

        Ed note: Sorry 'bout that......It's a nice sunny day outside and
I'm stuck in here talking about all sorts of work related serious nonsense.....
I guess I just snapped. It won't happen again, really it won't....Wait! Stop!
Look Out behind you!!! Oh No!!! It's Mr. Rust again!!!! AAAAAHHHHHGGGGG! But
Spaceman Spiff will rescue us!!!

iii