stuck clutch unstuck

To: amc-gw!british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: stuck clutch unstuck
From: uunet!morpho!alan@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Alan Dahl)
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 90 09:10:20 PST
Well Sunday I finally got around to trying to unstick the clutch
on my Midget.  Jacked up the rear of the car as instucted, put
shifter in fourth, started car, put in clutch, touched the brake
and presto!, the clutch comes unstuck.  The clutch works fine now,
there seem to be no ill effects, so thank you all who gave me
suggestions.  Now all I have to do is loosten up the e-brake cable,
get the battery to hold a charge and re-build the Zenith (yuk) carb
for the fourth time (1/2 hour to re-build the carb + 2 hours to get
the %&*! thing off and on).  Anyway, hope to have the thing back on
the road in a week or two, just in time for spring :-), so thanks again.

      ___    __    __    __          __      Alan Dahl
    / / /  /  /  /__/  /__/  /__/  /  /      North American MORPHO Systems
   / / /  /__/  / \   /     /  /  /__/       1145 Broadway Plaza
                                             Tacoma, WA. 98402, USA
   PH:  1 (206) 593-8021
   FAX: 1 (206) 591-8856             We shall not cease from exploration
   ...amc-gw!morpho!alan             And the end of all our exploring
                                     Will be to arrive where we started
Standard disclaimer applies...       And know the place for the first time.
                                         - T.S. Eliot