MGB upholstery recommendations wanted

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: MGB upholstery recommendations wanted
From: uunet!bally.Bally.COM!pete@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Pete Gregory)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 90 13:05:03 PST
Hi, y'all SOL/netlanders!

I am in the early stages of restoring my '71 MGB.  The interior, particularly
the seats and door panels, are deplorable.

When I bought the car from a co-worker, new seat pads were included (but
not yet installed), but not upholstery.

I have all the current MG parts catalogs (Moss, Victoria, etc., etc., etc.),
but would like some firm recommendations from someone who as actually
purchased upholstery/door panels from someone.  I would LIKE to get the
seat kits that are black with red piping, but, realizing that they may
be more expensive, am willing to settle for utilitarian (but accurate)
seat upholstery.  Same with door panels.

I can't afford leather; guess I should tell you that right now.  Also, I'm
not looking to make my MG a concours winner, just a fun top-down sports
car.

If you care to respond directly (and save precious bandwidth), I promise
(you've heard *this one* before!) to post a summary.

Thanks again...

Pete Gregory   : uucp:   uunet!bally!pete            |
Software Engr. : domain: pete@bally.bally.com     ---|---
Bally Systems  : phone:  702-323-6156 x882           |         John 3:16
255 Bell St.   : FAX:    702-323-5997                |     (think about it!)
Reno, NV 89503                                       |