backorder blues now looking brighter

To: british-cars@alliant
Subject: backorder blues now looking brighter
From: leger@Alliant.COM (Bob Leger)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 90 11:03:40 EST
One of my Winter projects has been to rebuild the gearbox of my TR-250.
I was more than a bit discouraged when my order arrived from TRF two
days ago and they had backordered the entire gearbox rebuild kit plus
a first gear bush, clutch operating shaft, and throwout bearing.
I started having visions of my gearbox still in pieces in June.
I gave them a ring this morning and asked them what was missing from the
gearbox kit.  It turned out that they had everything except the countershaft
cluster bearings and the gasket set.  I asked him to ship me a short kit
and he sait it would be no problem.  I also had them substitute a different
clutch operating shaft (earlier type with grease fittings) which they had
in stock.  I called Moss and ordered the bearings and gasket set, plus the
bush and throwout bearing, which were all in stock.  I may end up with
an extra bush and throwout bearing because of TRF's backorder cancellation
policy during the Winter Parts Sale, but that's a small price to pay for
getting the car together for the start of the motoring season.  I just might
make the NE SOL meet at the end of April!

Bob Leger