rocker tips

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: rocker tips
From: mit-eddie!wsl.dec.com!kent@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 90 17:50:53 PST
I seem to be rebuilding my tr-4A engine bit by bit ...

The current project is the rocker assembly. The shaft is worn, the
bushings are worn, and the tips of the rockers themselves are worn. TRF
has the shaft and bushings, but only odd-numbered rockers.

It seems a shame to replace the rockers if they can be reground. The
thing that I don't know is how critical the radius is. Kas Kastner, in
the competition preparation manual, warns against changing the radius
at all. On the other hand, the TriumphTune catalog, in the section on
lightening, seems to indicate that the tips can be ground off flat.

I called TRF to ask them, they said they'd research it and call back.
That was two days ago, and I fear it's dropped through the cracks.

Anyone care to venture an (informed) opinion?

chris