More on Prices (long winded)

To: uunet!alliant.com!british-cars@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: More on Prices (long winded)
From: mit-eddie!sli.com!rdh@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Robert D. Houk)
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 90 14:25:08 EDT
   I believe the 427 Cobra *still* holds the record for 0-100-0,
   in something under 15 seconds.  If you pared 1000 pounds off the
   ZR-1, it might come close, and then only on braking.  The 427
   Cobra was a legend, and a rare one.

The folklore was 10 seconds. Car & Track, or Road & Driver, or someone
of the car rags did a fairly recent (coupla years ago) nostalgia test
on "old guard" vs "state-of-the-art" performance cars. I recall the
Cobra did 11.nn 0-100-0. Very Damned Impressive, for a twenty-year-old
car! Drool...Slobber...

                                        -RDH