Re: More on Prices (long winded)

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: More on Prices (long winded)
From: mit-eddie!aberffraw.sw.stratus.com!caloccia@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 90 11:13:09 -0400
> The Japanese
>   are buying older American cars- good money for just about anything. But
>   they are also paying top dollar for good examples of Older Datsun's,
>Toyota's
>   Honda's, etc.

        IMHU (U=understanding), the regulations in Japan almost force scrapping
of vehicles when they are a few years old, principly as a vehicle to drive the
economy (pardon the pun).

        By administratively killing old cars, people have to buy new ones,
this makes for a healthy primary auto industry. [I would guess that it
also makes the second source and after market components of the auto
industry very tough.]

        Having scrapped all their earlier cars long ago, any demand for
a real 240Z or similar  decade(s) older model car would have to satisified by
outside sources.

        --bill