Re: 0-100-0

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: 0-100-0
From: Iain McWilliams <uunet!inmos.com!mcwill@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 90 14:53:06 BST
Jim writes:

>I remember reading long ago in Road&Track that an Aston-Martin DBS had been
>clocked at 0-100-0 in 12.0 sec.  No one has ever been able to confirm my
>recollection, but I woulda' put this at about 1969 or 1970, maybe (for the
>issue, not necessarily the clocking).
>
>Jim

It may have been an E-type, as I remember a report on the GT6 which
was commenting on the "poor man's E-type" theory. They were comparing
how the two cars fared and one of the comments was on acceleration
the quote being something like

"... by the time the GT6 has accelerated to 60, the E-type has been up to
100 and stopped again ..."

Can't remember where I saw this but I have a book of original Road Tests
for the GT6 which contains some R&T articles.

Hope this helps,

Iain
mcwill@inmos.com