Spridget sees light of day and lives.

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Spridget sees light of day and lives.
From: mit-eddie!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 90 15:17:22 CDT
I ran the Spridget around the neighborhood to blow out the cobwebs.
Of course I didn't erect the hood (put the top on).  It was all of
52 degrees and sunny, so I just put on an old Minnesota Strikers
stocking cap (I designed the darn things for them in a previous
incarnation as a specialty advertising salesman).  The neighborhood
kids lined up for rides around the block.  Then I put it back in the
garage and put the grill and hood (bonnet) on.  Next I'll install the
Monza muffler.  Can't wait to hear it, the stocker isn't exactly
silent.  Also, vacuum the oil-dry out of the right footwell and toss
in the floormats (it's a long story, one that I hope will not be
repeated now that I think I've nailed the oil leak). I have not bolted
the Yokos on yet, so my short jaunts were on the 145 and 155 - shod
3.5" Bugeye-style rims.  Since I had the hood off on my test run, I
was able to see the backfires from the velocity stacks.  Never really
saw any flames, just a slight wiff of smoke.  Went away when the
engine got warmer.  I didn't even pick this rustbucket up until the
end of April last year.  My first real drives were in June.  Seems
real novel to have it out this soon.
phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
--
Login name: phile        In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324