RE: April fools...

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: RE: April fools...
From: mit-eddie!hp6600.desk.hp.com!larry_schwarcz%q0@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: 4 Apr 90 12:57 -0800
What a great April Fools joke.

Yes, I also fell for it, but, I'd like to make one point about the
outcome.

I've read two letters so far from people on this list who thought that
the "car was there's".  Just because they replied quickly with a higher
offer than asking price.  One (Randell J., I think) even wrote to the
list telling us that we shouldn't even bother writing her since the
car was basically his.  After all, he responded quickly with a higher
offer.  And that we shouldn't bother getting into a 'bidding war'.

Well, why not (if it were to happen)?  Just because someone offers
a car on the list for a great price doesn't mean that the first
to respond gets it.

As far as I'm concerned, if someone is selling a high demand car
and the price is very low, let the highest bidder get it.

But, (IMHO) I think that the attitude of "don't try to out bid me"
doesn't belong on this list.

Sorry to take up bandwidth with my jabbering, but, I just wanted to
put in my $0.02 worth.

                   Later...
                    Larry Schwarcz
                    HP Cupertino, CA
                    lrs@hpda.hp.com

P.S. Randell, if it wasn't you, sorry.  My memory isn't always correct.