Re: Argh ... not even an april fools joke (really Sunbeam Alpines)

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Argh ... not even an april fools joke (really Sunbeam Alpines)
From: mit-eddie!ames.arc.nasa.gov!elan!jlo@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Jeff Lo)
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 90 16:41:03 PDT
> Returning home this Sunday (mid-day wouldn't you know) I see the following ad
> in the Albuquerque paper:
>     Sunbeam Alpine basket case.  Car and more.  Free.

What is an Alpine basket case worth these days?  I drove past one sitting
on a driveway the other day.  All of the tires were flat; it looked like
it hadn't moved in at least threee years.  The body was straight, the top
needed some work, but it looks as if all of the pieces are there.  I think
it is a Series 5 Alpine, there was a ``1725'' badge on the fender and it
didn't have the giant fins on the rear fenders.  I'd like to approach the
owner about giving him some more usable driveway space, but I'd like to
know what is a reasonable price first.

                                Jeff Lo
                                jlo@elan.com