Grandfather's Spells

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Grandfather's Spells
From: Dale C. Cook <mit-eddie!pinocchio.encore.com!cook@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 90 18:11:03 EDT
Friday was the big day for picking up the MGB complete with new (well
rebuilt) upper and lower clutch cylinders.  The mechanic was paid
("we really tried to find some more work in this car, but it seems
in good shape") and the moment of truth was at hand.  Oh oh.  Not
ticky tick of the fuel pump and *worse* no click of starter solenoid!
In true British car fashion, the positive battery connector had come
loose!  ("I started it just 15 minutes ago just to make sure...")

There was one other funny moment on the way home when something spilled
out on the road with a clang and a clatter.  I was sure that a door
handle had dropped off, but when we got to our new home and I checked,
all seemed well.  My guess is that the mechanical fellah is out one
spanner that he left some where's on Grandfather!

Now to clear all the junk in our new garage so we have a proper home
for our aged friend.  Looks like Terry will be traveling, but I plan
to make the Left Coast gathering.... Lucas willing!

        - Dale