Jaguars out to pasture

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Jaguars out to pasture
From: "You Know Who" <mit-eddie!PSUVM.PSU.EDU!GGN100@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 90 17:12 EDT
     Oh boy, my father has really got the Jaguar bug. Last month, the Midget
AND the B moved in with the mini in order to make room for a 1957 Jag Mk VIII
(boy those things are HUGE!) The engine only has 9K on it, but sat outside for
a long time and is quite "Holey" around the bottom. One of our friends who
helped transport the car back across PA, told us of another Jaguar sedan he
had spotted in a field, along with an Austin-Healey, while going to pick up
another car.
     THis past saturday, we went out to look for these cars. As it turns out,
the car was Not an AH, but an XK150 and also a 3.8 MKII sedan. The rear clip
had been removed from the XK and the top had rotted away. Unfortunately, an
electric fence and guard cows (!) kept us from getting a closer look, but my
dad plans on going back and making this guy an offer. Watch this space for
the possible sale of a 76 Midget and/or 71 B-GT !!!
     One question, what are the major differences between the XK150 and the
XK150S. (We figure it is a 150 because of the wider grille and flat, metal
instriument cluster.) I have the different engine specs in a shop book reprint,
but we were obviously unable to get that close a look.
     On a side note, anyone planning on going to the Pittsburgh Vintage GP
(June 21-22) ? I should be up on the Golf Course Saturday with the Midget
and/or the B (if they are still around).

To mjb:
          So, Nissan is going to revive the Fairlady roadster, eh? Surely
       that must be the new car Kas Kasner (KK) was telling you about. Are
       you trying to tell me that he worked for another manufactuer before
       Nissan? Next thing you'll tell me is that Paul McCartney was in another
       group before 'Wings' !!!! :-)
          __----__              Jaguar   | Gregory Nagy         |    "Eat     |
      ___/       ==__===__ {]]  24hrs of | Penn State University|     my      |
    //--\----------  61 |       Datyona  | Mckeesport Campus    |   Shorts!"  |
 <-- \__/------------__--|   '90 Champs! | GGN100@psuvm.bitnet  |-Bart Simpson|