Re: Rust Rocket Rescue

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Rust Rocket Rescue
From: mit-eddie!uunet.UU.NET!bcstec!tahoma!gsds@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (K.C.Babb)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 90 15:13:13 PDT
>Aaarrrggghhh!  Gee, I wonder what it would cost to trailer a TR-4 from SLC
>to Seattle??  ...  And I've got 2 good TR-4 engines ...  Darn you, mjb!

It might be reasonable, if you can beg/borrow/rent a decent trailer from
some generous road racer type.  U-Haul also rents car carriers, but I'm
sure their rates are ridiculous.

>How long does it take to drive from Seattle to Utah anyway?  ;-)

Oh, anywhere from 11 to 15 hours, depending on vehicle and boldness.
Closer to the latter in a van with car on trailer.

>   Pat Vilbrandt       John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.        Everett, Washington USA

After reading Mark's tale, I'm even more committed to the strategy of only
considering out-of-town buyers if the Smurfmobile/oily-piece-of-**** ever
gets sold.  When Gary Milligan sold his Super 7 to a West Coast vintage
racer who promptly put it into a wall on some track in California, I
decided that special cars should only be peddled to areas > 1000 miles
away.  Old tow vehicles, on the other hand, can go anywhere...

Karen