CD175 wierdness revisited

To: british-cars%alliant.com@eddie.mit.edu
Subject: CD175 wierdness revisited
From: mit-eddie!emx.utexas.edu!jatc@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (James TenCate)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 90 09:29:29 -0500
Larry writes:
--------------------
        bowl vent. Seemed to work fine when you don't plug the bowl vent
        (Yea, I know....Then don't do that!). The disturbing thing is that
        the rear carb doesn't do this. You can plug the rear carb vent hole
        without any problem! We spent > 1 hrs. swapping everthing possible
        between the rear and front carb with no success.
-------------------
Hmmm.  My brother and I had just the opposite problem with a 75 TR7!
Problem is, we couldn't figure out what was wrong either...somehow,
the rear carb stumbled and the front didn't.  Frankly, we never
worried about the bowl vent being plugged (because we didn't know :-)
Our technique was simple:  put the air flow meter up against the
carb just long enough to get a decent reading and then go to the other
carb.  The rear carb would always almost gag with the meter on and the
front one didn't seem to care at all.  Things got better when we used
Colortune but the rear carb STILL gags on the airflow meter.  The
good news is that we DID manage to get the carbs tuned in spite of
the rear carb and the car runs GREAT.

Anyone else have words of wisdom?

jim