1967 MGB Radio

To: swbatl!uunet!bally.Bally.COM!pete@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Pete Gregory)
Subject: 1967 MGB Radio
From: sgi!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 90 8:59:06 CDT

> > P.S.  Don't forget I still  have a garagefull of Spridget parts. (and
> > a 67 MGB radio, too)  No reasonable offer refused for any of it, just
> > let me know what you need.
>
> MGB radio?  By chance fit a '71??  (I'll look in my shop manuals as soon
> as I get home).  Does it work?  How much?

I checked the radio over last night.  It works great!  I hooked it up
with jumpers from the Spridget battery and a speaker from an Opel
Manta (worst autocross car I ever drove).  I unrolled a bit of my
safety wire,   touched the antenna lead and it sounds great, pulls a
whole raft of AM stations.  The push buttons  were set for Twin Cities
stations, and they were all still tuned in perfectly!  With a roll of
safety wire?!

The bad news for Pete is that it is (duh, duh, duh, duh) POSITIVE
EARTH!   Pete, I think your '71 is negative earth by then, let me
know.
                                                                      out it!)
Anybody else want an original radio for a '67 MGB?  Works great,
positve earth, says "BRITISH MOTOR CORPORATION" on the front, the dial
lights up, all the controls work, includes the black-crackle mounting
plate to mount   under dash.  Make me an offer I can't refuse and I
will ship it out.   phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov   (612) 224-3105  (612)
298-5324   672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN  55107

--
Login name: phile        In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324