Re: hose-in-the-ear

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: hose-in-the-ear
From: mit-eddie!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 90 7:56:09 CDT

> > What exactly is the ``rubber-hose-in-the-ear technique''?  I just got a
> > TR-6 and this looks like a bit of magic I may be needing...
> >

> Take a rubber hose a coupla feet long (the size you use for break
> bleeding works well -before you bleed the brakes!).
>
> Put one end in your ear and place the other over the carb opening at a
> right angle.  Listen for the "whoosh".
>
> Adjust the idle/mixture until the "whooshes" are all the same loudness
> and the idle is where you want it/can get it.
>
> I actually learned this from my Healey factory manual where it is the
> only method mentioned!
>
> Mike Tobin

I hate to think I might have to do this.  Please, somebody buy some of
these Spridget parts.  I've got so much stuff here that I can't find
my Unisyn!  I'd hate to think that one of the people who came to look
at parts palmed it when I wasn't looking.
phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov

--
Login name: phile                       In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324