Re: hose-in-the-ear

To: Alliant.COM!british-cars@acsu.buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: hose-in-the-ear
From: mit-eddie!hercules.acsu.buffalo.edu!tobin@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Mike Tobin)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 90 18:48:23 EDT

> What exactly is the ``rubber-hose-in-the-ear technique''?  I just got a
> TR-6 and this looks like a bit of magic I may be needing...

Take a rubber hose a coupla feet long (the size you use for break
bleeding works well -before you bleed the brakes!).

Put one end in your ear and place the other over the carb opening at a
right angle.  Listen for the "whoosh".

Adjust the idle/mixture until the "whooshes" are all the same loudness
and the idle is where you want it/can get it.

I actually learned this from my Healey factory manual where it is the
only method mentioned!

Mike Tobin