Re: TLA's (LBC in particular, I confess.)

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: TLA's (LBC in particular, I confess.)
From: oneway@athena.mit.edu <mit-eddie!ATHENA.MIT.EDU!oneway@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 90 00:10:05 EDT
Jim Muller writes:

> LBC is a recent addition to the vocabulary, penned by someone who is himself a
> recent addition to the SOL list (at least on a geologic time scale beginning
> with the establishment of this list by Dale Cook, Ovr Fovender, about three
> years ago).  LBC stands for Little British Convertible, not Little British
> Car, though perhaps those of you with coupes and sedans, Jaguars,
> Aston-Martins, GT-6's, MGB-GT's, etc., will require a change in terminology
> like that for SOL.  Except that some of those non-dropheads are not so
> little.  I should but don't remember who proposed LBC, so perhaps that
> person will 'fess up.

I'm afraid I may have been the one that coined the LBC TLA last summer when
I started posting repeated articles asking for advice on purchasing my
first british car.  All I knew was that I wanted something british, and
instead of repeated saying "little british convertible"  (the three
things I was SURE I wanted in a car), "LBC" came to life.  Well, even
though I haven't posted much lately, I'm still here; what more, I still
don't own a LBC.

However, at least now I know what I want!  I'll probably be searching
avidly this summer for any TR or Spitfire that has the right price.  If
any of you out there in the northeast have a TR or Spit in moderately
good condition and want to be sure the next owner is somebody who will
take care of it, let me know -- you may find a buyer.  :-)

In the meantime, though, I'm having fun reading of everybody else
tribulations, and eagerly anticipating my opportunity to seize the day!

Ken Streeter
oneway@athena.mit.edu