Re: TLA's (LBC in particular, I confess.)

To: mit-eddie!ftp.com!british-cars-local@EDDIE.MIT.EDU,
Subject: Re: TLA's (LBC in particular, I confess.)
From: linus!att!speedy!gerry@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 90 14:17:09 -0400
 > I've asked before, but never really got an answer: Has anybody had
> any success in repairing their Lucas Lord of Inconsistancy Electronic
> Ignition? You can't replace it with an aftermarket unit in
> Smog-Plagued

I had the same problem that every now and again, the ignition would die
on the car for 10-20 sces and then start up again. I never traced the'
problem, but I installed an Alison kit ~ 6 months ago, and I have never
had the problem since.  I would not waste my time trying to fix the Lucas
system - it just is not worth  it.

Gerry