re:TVR trivia

To: alliant!alliant.Alliant.COM!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: re:TVR trivia
From: sgi!europa.esd.sgi.com!steve@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Steve Valin)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 90 10:03:21 PDT
>The TVR in question is either a Tuscan or
>Griffith, I'm not sure which it was. I suspect

I believe the Tuscan had the cortina taillights.  The Griffith used the same
body as the early Granturas, which used MGA/Jaguar/Bugeye/TR2-3/etc. tailights.
The Tuscan used the same body as the Vixen, which at first used the Cortina
Mk1 (ban the bomb) tailights, then the Cortina MkII lights.  There is a great
TVR book that can be found. I don't remember the author or the title, but I
think it is the only one still in print.  Its part of a series of books and I
think it is called "the TVR's".  I have one other book in this series on
the newer Loti with 907/910 engines. I am sure Classic Motorbook has it.
I would love a Griffith or a Tuscan, but would settle for a Vixen MK1 or Mk2,
or a Grantura MK3.  Anybody have one for sale?

--
steve valin
steve@sgi.com           "DON'T YOU FUCKIN' LOOK AT ME!"