speedo errors

To: british-cars%alliant.alliant.com@RELAY.CS.NET
Subject: speedo errors
From: mit-eddie!RELAY.CS.NET!WALZER%s46.prime.com@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: 20 Apr 90 09:06:38 EDT
  As a point of interest:
  a recent posting mentioned a TR speedo being off by 20-25%
  and probably due to tire size differences.  A friend of mine
  had a problem where his speedo registered higher speeds than
  real. The problem turned out to be one of the speedo cable
  driving grease up into the gauge itself.

  While I doubt this is the problem in the case of the TR posting,
  it may be someting to keep in mind.  Actually, I've got to
  check for this situation on my Fiesta which "accelerates" from
  60 to 80+ (pegged) MPH while driving in 20 MPH zones.

  Happy Healeying to all ...  Duane Walzer WALZER@s46.PRIME.COM