nice weather and air leak problems...

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: nice weather and air leak problems...
From: "Marge, zeese trophies are not for bowling... 24-Apr-1990 1341" <mit-eddie!wxyz.enet.dec.com!metzger@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 90 10:41:11 PDT
It felt greate to take the Midget to work today.FYi New England is enjoying its
brief comfortable spring driving season that was created with LBC's in mind.

But I noticed a week ago that I have a reasonably serious air leak problem
around my throttle bushings on both my HS2 carbs on my Midget. Since people
have reccomended that I not buy the oversized throttle shaft and bushing kit
from MOSS does anybody have any reccomendations of where to get the kit at?
(supposed quality control problems at MOSS)

The car will run w/ the present air leak but it will never idle correctly until
I fix this problem. I'm presently putting white silicon grease around the
throttle shafts to help remedy the problem. I would like to solve the problem
correctly.

thnaks for the help.....

John Metzger
Digital Equipment Corp....