TR-8 PI

To: emx.utexas.edu!jatc@bellcore.bellcore.com
Subject: TR-8 PI
From: mit-eddie!bellcore.bellcore.com!taichi!whs70@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: 27 Apr 1990 11:06 EDT
Jim,

Knock wood, I haven't had to touch the Fuel Injection (Petrol
Injection - PI) of our '81 TR-8 so I don't have much to offer
in the way of answering your questions.  I do recall that on
my TR-250, when I opened the hose from the valve cover to
the "gulp" valve that this allowed some air into the manifold
ehich leaned out the mixture and (at least in this one case)
resulted in a slight increase in rpms at idle.

It may be that the idle mixture should be somewhat rich since
from idle, any movement of the accelerator is to require
increased rpms which generally (as near as I can recall)
calls for a richer mixture during the acceleration.  Perhaps
that is why your 8 is sluggish at the low rpms?

Not much help I guess, but I'll leave you with a question
of my own.  You stated you had to replace one
injector.  What was wrong with it AND how did you know
or locate which injector was defective?

Bill Sohl