Re: NE SOL meet this Saturday!

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: NE SOL meet this Saturday!
From: mit-eddie!harvard!hsi.com!archer@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Garry Archer)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 90 10:06:27 EDT
Rob Rimbold writes:

> Reminder: The not-so-often meeting of the NE SOL will be this Saturday,
> April 28 at my house in Plaistow, NH. Swing on by anytime. I'll have
> a couple gas grills at your disposal (burgers, chips and soda, too, if
> I remember to hit the store in time :-). You're on your own to provide
> England's finest, both liquid and steel. I've sent directions a couple
> times already, so give me a call if you need them again.
>
> It looks like only one of the two TR7s will be driveable by Saturday.
> I just had the snaps crimped onto it's new hood today, and took it to
> work. It feels great to drive a *car* again! Driving my Blazer is the
> ultimate in boredom... :-)
>
> The weather is looking good for Saturday, but on the off chance it
> should rain, give me a call and I'll make a "cancel" decision.
>
> 'Rob
> (508) 256-0176 x7427     work
> (603) 382-3938           home (answering machine)

Rob, I have tried in vain to set aside this Saturday to attend the NE SOL
meeting at your house.  Ever since your first e-mail on it, I put it on
my calendar "hoping" I could go.  My weekends have been extremely hectic
(I come to work for a rest!) and this one is the same.  (It's tough with
a family consisting of two little boys...)

I'm really disappointed since I really wanted to meet Jim Muller and his
Scions of Lucas after all this time!  Still not having British steel
would have put me in the likely position of the only one to show up
in a Jap-Crap car too... oh well, but I was still gonna bring British
liquid (Bass Ale and John Bull)...

Anyway, I feel real bad because I really wanted to come.  [Oh, to be single
again...]  But I just want to wish all attendees a **GREAT** time, and I'll
be thinking of you (I'll be there in spirit, at least).

I'm still "hoping" (there's that word again...) to get upto British Cars
Day at Brookline, Massachusetts this year.  Anyone know when it is?
Anyone have the phone number of the museum?  You would have thought I
would have kept it after all this time.....

On an indirect British Cars note:  So why hasn't our Garry got a Britcar
(my heritage after all!) yet?  Well, I'm getting my long driveway paved
next week... so there goes all my dosh (Brit for money) !!!  My wife,
Ann and I are also waiting for a legal settlement after an accident we
had over a year ago...  so who knows, maybe I'll get me an Aston Martin
("...with all her bravery on, and tackle trim...") yet, Jim!  (Nothing
like aiming high... aka dreaming.)

Best wishes to all.

Garry Archer Esq.       {yale, uunet}!hsi!archer  -OR-  archer@hsi.com
Code 3/HSI Systems (a 3M company),      New Haven, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert