Re: debugging bugeye

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: debugging bugeye
From: mit-eddie!cbmvax.commodore.com!augi@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Joe Augenbraun)
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 90 17:23:11 EDT

> Can you help me diagnose a strange symptom?
> Bugeye with 1275cc, su carbs seems to run just fine until
> it gets hot, not warm but hot.
> The engine will start to miss. As soon as you let it drop
> to an idle it will shutdown, then won't restart.

Did you check spark while it was hot?  For no particular reason, I would
suspect that your coil is intermittent according to temperature.
You might also do a compression check while it is hot in case its
some kind of bizarre crack or something that saps compression when
its allowed to expand enuf.  If you're convinced its fuel system,
I would expect something sticking or cracked in the carb itself, as
the rest of the fuel system isn't going to know what temperature it is.

                                                Joe