TR8 leak

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM (TR Group)
Subject: TR8 leak
From: Larry Gillam <mit-eddie!hpfcpq.fc.hp.com!gillam@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 90 14:26:39 MDT
  However, after it ran for a while, I noticed that
> the idle speed wasn't where it had been before:  it went from
> about 850 RPM before to 650 RPM now.   Hmmmm.

> Anyone?
>
> jim

        I'm sure you've already checked this, but......

        Not knowing anything about a TR8 setup, have you checked timing
        and vacuum lines going to the distributor? The reason I ask is
        that I just rebuilt my Z-S's and when I test drove it, I noticed
        less performance...checked under the hood and found I'd forgotten
        to hook up the vacuum advance line to the intake manifold.
        Of course, when I hooked it back up, it changed the timing
        and I had to re-time.

        Good luck.......
                                        Larry Gillam
                                        Loveland, Colo.