Re: What brand oil do you use?

To: banta@abingdon.eng.sun.com, djd@eos.arc.nasa.gov, twakeman@apple.com
Subject: Re: What brand oil do you use?
From: Daniel J. Dasaro <djd@eos.arc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 90 09:52:59 PST
        TeriAnn writes:

        Lightweight oil in a B gearbox????  What is the recommended oil for
        a MGB early series II {all syncro} gear box?  I thought it took 90
        wt.

        & do you mean I should have put non-detergent oil in my TR4 gearbox
        because of problems with the syncro rings???

I was looking through the Moss catalog this weekend and came across a few
tidbits of information regarding oil:

Moss says that the factory recommends 30 wt. oil in the tranny (and 20 wt.
in the carbs, such as motorcycle fork oil).

I think that 90 wt. is recommended for the rear differential and maybe the
steering rack.

If anyone has an original manual it might be worth checking.

-Danny