H Production Sprite!

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: H Production Sprite!
From: zursch%whizkid.wpd.sgi.com@SGI.COM (Kid Redshift)
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 90 11:18:02 PST
        From british-cars-local-request@decwrl.dec.com  Tue Dec 11 10:58:29 1990
        From: garnett@theory.tn.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
        Date: Tue, 11 Dec 1990 13:25:37 EST
        To: british-cars@encore.com
        Subject: Clubs

        First, let me say I erred (gasp!), a couple of months ago, when I
        announced a gathering of pre-war MG's from the US and UK next year.
        The event will be part of the New England MG "T" registers fall
        "GOF", in October, not part of the Fall Festival at LimeRock. I
        think some of the activites may still be at Lime Rock, tho.

        And, even tho I don't know if the PA will get the desired engine
        rebuild be then, I still plan on driving it there. I now have a
        1/2 decent price on 4.00 - 19" Tyres. Dunlops, yet.

        Next- The theme for the '91 Serrengetti Vintage Races at Watkins Glen-
                Grand Prix. Should bring some interesting cars and drivers out
                of the woodwork.

        And, finally- a request- It seems I managed to get myself elected
poo-bah
        of a new Ithaca-based club, the "Cayuga Sports Car Club". We are still
        gelling, and are open to input. Does anyone have bylaws/regulations
        for a simple club that they could mail me as a developmental aid?

              Roger Garnett           (garnett@BATCOMPUTER.TN.CORNELL.EDU)
                The South Lansing Centre For Wayward Sports Cars
              "All donations of stray, orphaned, odd, neglected, etc.
               sports cars and bits in need of a good home accepted."
                "The drop off bin is right there- behind the barn..."

hey folks,

   I'm new to the list, but known to some of you.

I'm here as I've just purchased my first British Car. (A Mk I Sprite,
set up for H Production racing)

I expect to need a lot of help.....I hope you all don't mind... ;^}

It's blaze red, beautiful, and in very nice condition indeed.....
I expect to pick it up this coming weekend.....and the questions
will begin to flow.

I'm not a complete stranger to british vehicles, though....I have 1970
Triumph motorcycle, so I understand about marking territory, lucas
electrics, smiths gauges, et al.....it's the specifics of old Sprites
that I don't know.....

Be Seeing You,

JZ
    I used to be a Sado-masochistic Bestial Necrophile, but after a while, I
       got the feeling that I was really just flogging a dead horse......