Spridget Books

To: sol@ucscc.UCSC.EDU
Subject: Spridget Books
From: red4est!lrc@ucscc.UCSC.EDU (Larry Colen - Nerd in a black leather jacket)
Date: Wed Dec 12 23:20:28 1990
How could Scott have missed "Tuning BL's Series 'A' Motor"
By david Vizard.
I also really like my old (25 years old) Clymer.
It has a great story in the back about driving a frogeye
and an MGA from Sebring (after they finished the race)
to LA.
  I have found that the contemporary Clymers is a good manual
for beginners, and that the Bentleys is a good source for
specs.  The Vizard book is an excellent text on engine
preparation, even if you aren't fortunate enough to own a
series 'A'.
  There was a very amusing thread a while back, for those that
missed it, on how many inaccuracies there were on the
cover of the Haynes manual.

on gas mileage,
  My sprites would get between 25-30 mpg.  I think that it
dropped to about 18 with the 40DCOE.  With the HS4's I get just
about as good of mileage as with the HS2's.
  I think that the Cortina gets 20-25 MPG on the street.
At the Enduro (4-hour, not the one that was almost hell)
I got 16-17 MPG, IN THE RACE!!!

   LRC