Fuel Injection - UK Info Wanted

To: ~b-c@bellcore.bellcore.com
Subject: Fuel Injection - UK Info Wanted
From: taichi!whs70@bellcore.bellcore.com (W. H. Sohl)
Date: 18 Dec 1990 11:11 EST
I posted this message to rec.autos.tech also, but since
I remember there being at least one or two UK members
of the british-cars list, I'm posting this here also.
Any help would be appreciated:

I am looking for the specific part identification and Lucas
part numbers for the Electronic Control Unit used of Fuel
Injected EUROPEAN VERSIONS of the following vehicles:

    Rover SD1 Vitesse model (1983-1986)
       Range Rover 3.5L (1985-1987)

Both of these model ranges utilized the 3.5 litre Rover
V8 engine that was installed in the 1980 (California cars)
and all 1981 Triumph TR-8 automobiles.  Presently, the ECU used in
the TR-8 is no longer available new and even rebuilt units are
priced at over $1000 dollars.  I have been informed by a friend
in the UK that the car models mentioned above also were fuel
injected and they may use an ECU similar to that used in the
Triumph TR-8.  The ECU used in the fuel injected TR-8 has a
unit designation by Lucas of 4CU (#83617A) and is also identified
by a JRT (Jaguar-Rover-Triumph) Part Number of DRC2293.

Any help getting this info would be appreciated.
Part numbers, wiring diagram of the ECU interface
and wiring diagram of the fuel injection system.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Please email direct to me as my Netnews feed isn't
always continuous.  Or, if someone has a wiring
diagram as mentioned, my home address is:

  29 Netcong Road, Budd Lake, NJ 07828 (USA)

Bill Sohl                      ||  email
Bellcore, Morristown, NJ       ||   UUCP    bcr!taichi!whs70
(Bell Communications Research) ||    or
201-829-2879 Weekdays          || Internet  whs70@taichi.cc.bellcore.com