Re: mail-order jag parts

To: uw-beaver!british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: mail-order jag parts
From: microsoft!timke@cs.washington.edu
Date: Thu Dec 27 11:44:00 1990
Dangerous Dan asks:
| Does anyone out there know of any mail-order houses that deal with
| jag parts?

you betcha.  you didn't say what type of jag you have, but from the
quote in your .sig i would guess e-type (great quote, btw).  if it is
an e-type, then forget the moss recommendation from bill sohl.  i
order tr6 parts from moss but they don't (or at least didn't at my
last call) handle e-type parts.  they advertise that they supply jag
parts but it's for a limited number of models, and e-type isn't one of
them.

i order nearly all my e-type parts from welsh jaguar in ohio and xk's
unlimited in california.  they both have great catalogs with many
original parts and many other "reproduction" parts that the jag dealer
isn't going to supply.  the prices are usually better at welsh, but
not always, so i check both for each order.  i have gotten excellent
service from both of them.

| I would like to look through a cataloge instad of dealing with the
| parts dealer here in Toledo.

toledo?  wait a minute, isn't that in ohio?  welsh is in steubenville
ohio.  is that near toledo?  going to a mail-order house in person
should give you the best of both worlds.  unless welsh is the parts
dealer you're trying to avoid (nahh, couldn't be, could it?)

| -Thanks

sure, man.  any time.

helpful hint:  identify your car in messages and you'll get better info
(not to mention satisfying everyone's curiosity :-)  so, what exactly
is your jag?  mine's a '68 (S1.5) brg roadster.

-tim
 {uw-beaver|decwrl|uunet}!microsoft!timke
 A gentleman does not motor about after dark. -- Joseph Lucas

addendum to bill sohl's "join a club" soapbox: beware jag clubs where
people don't work on their cars.  seattle used to have 2 jag clubs,
one was the jag restorers club (way cool); the other was the jag
owners and drivers club (mostly upper crust tea party types who don't
even know how to open the bonnet.  i think they called it the owners
and drivers club to make it very clear that they didn't actually WORK
on them, heaven forbid).  so, investigate your local club a bit before
joining.

jeez, what a longwinded message!  oh well, there's so little jag
bandwidth on this list i just got a little carried away, sorry.  we
now return you to your regular triumph/mg talk :-)