Introduction...

To: british-cars%encore.com@munnari.OZ.AU
Subject: Introduction...
From: s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.OZ.AU (John Taylor [The Banshee])
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 90 13:35:00 +1100
I guess that it's my turn for introductions...

My name is John Taylor and I live in Frankston, Victoria, Australia.  I have
(hopefully) completed my B.App.Sc. degree in Applied Physics this year, and
will be undertaking a Masters degree in 1991 (both at VUT (RMIT) in Melbourne)

I own a 1981 Leyland Moke (standard model) with 13" wheels, 1275cc A+ series
engine, galvanized body, alloy roll-bar, and comfy high-back seats :-)
It is in the original "Devil Yellow" paintwork, but I have resprayed most of
the silver painted items (bumpers, dash, etc.) in steel wheel-paint.  I have
replaced the windscreen twice in as many months (oops!), and replaced the old
perspex "quarterlights".

I bought the Moke in April this year, and after taking it off the road for a
month or so (mostly cosmetic repairs, and windscreen mishaps...) have been
driving it ever since.  After spotting stickers and badges on another Moke,
I located and joined the local Moke Owners Association and have been on several
outings with them (including a Mini Concourse where I was talked into entering
my grubby Moke...)

|   John Taylor  [The Banshee]         Victoria University of Technology     |
|  s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au    (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) |
|   MOKING IS A HEALTH HAZARD.          Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA       |