Mouse, the Jag that will Roar!

Subject: Mouse, the Jag that will Roar!
From: Mike Johnson <hpubvwa.nsr.hp.com!hpupora!mikej@relay.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 91 11:32:10 PST
Portland, Or. has been in the deep-freeze for the last few weeks (like 10 -
20 deg. F.).  My garage has been cold.  I have some concern for my Mk. I
saloon.  It boiled over when we were moving it home after purchase and I
filled the radiator with a couple toolboxes worth of water.  (Have you ever
gone into a little roadside pub and asked the publican to fill your toolbox
with water?  She wanted to know where my horse was. (;-)  Anyway I am
reasonably certain that I have no anti-freeze in the block.  I have been
running an electric heater under the front bumper with several old blankets
over the engine and hanging out the bonnet.  The local cats love it.  May
be some symbolism here.

What concerned me was the lack of water on the top of the radiator.  I
can not check for freezing.  Do any of you people, in the normally cold
climates, have any idea of how cold a closed garage has to get before
damage occurs?

Yes I know your are supposed to pour the green stuff in before it is needed
but this is the warm part of Oregon.  At least that was what the company
told me when they moved me here.
--
 Mike Johnson
 Systems Engineer             INTERNET        mikej@hpupora.hp.com