Whitworth (was: Re: MGB Engine Rebuild)

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Whitworth (was: Re: MGB Engine Rebuild)
From: dbraun@cadev6.intel.com
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 91 09:04:17 PST
>  Another source of Whitworth stuff is Coshman's.  He  has a fair
>  selection of wrenches, sockets, taps, dies, and thread chasers.
>  Hardware is available in BSF, BSP, BSCy, and BA.

Could someone explain the Whitworth concept to us less-informed?
I understand that it is a different size system for nuts and bolts, but I
have never heard of the BSF, BSP, etc. stuff.
Also, what cars used them?

Doug Braun                              Intel Corp CAD
('72 Spitfire MK IV)
                                        408 765-4279

 dbraun@scdt.intel.com

 or maybe:

 / decwrl \
 | hplabs |
-| oliveb |- !intelca!mipos3!cadev6!dbraun
 | amd    |
 \ qantel /