Re: Tools again...

To: british-cars%encore.com@munnari.OZ.AU
Subject: Re: Tools again...
From: s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.OZ.AU (John Taylor [The Banshee])
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 91 12:45:51 +1100

I believe that if you are going to buy sockets, buy VERY good quality ones (eg.
Sidchrome, or equivalent).  Lesser sockets or ratchets are likely to break or
"burst".
Spanners, on the otherhand, are usually made of much thicker metal, so you can
buy good quality, but inexpensive, tools (my set of 9 spanners, made of Chrome
Vanadium, cost only about $18 AUS, and came in a handy plastic pouch).
Screwdrivers should also be of very good quality - my Stanley set cost about
$23 (5 normal and 2 Phillips), and is only JUST good enough - go for heavy duty
screwdrivers if you can.

|   John Taylor  [The Banshee]         Victoria University of Technology     |
|  s883351@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au    (Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology) |
|   MOKING IS A HEALTH HAZARD.          Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA       |