Cortina Headers

To: britcars@ucscc.UCSC.EDU
Subject: Cortina Headers
From: linus!mit-eddie!ucscc.UCSC.EDU!red4est!lrc@encore.encore.com (Larry Colen - Nerd in a black leather jacket)
Date: Wed Jan 9 23:19:03 1991
  I am about to get a new exhaust system for foocar, and while I
am at it, would like to upgrade from the stock heaaders.
Does anybody have any lines on performance headers for a
Cortina 1600 GT (crossflow).
  I have heard
  1) Pinto headers won't work, the steering box gets in the way.
  2) Escort 1600 Mexico headers work.  But it would mean ordering
     them from "jolly old".  If that is what is necessary, would it be
     possible for someone across the pond to suggest a source (and
     maybe supply a phone number).  It could get a bit expensive calling
     half a dozen places across the atlantic trying to find
     the part, and at a good price.

Like I said, I have the stock headers, and if an upgrade proves to
prohibitavly (sp?) expensive, I may just stick with them, unless
someone has strong experience otherwise.

I have heard rumors that David Vizard actually lives in the US,
So Cal specifically.  Anybody know anything about this?
    Larry