Re: MGB Engine Rebuild (2) [really tools]

To: Dick Nyquist <dickn@hpspdln.spd.hp.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Engine Rebuild (2) [really tools]
From: banta@Eng.Sun.COM
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 91 10:11:25 EST
>| Andy sez:
>| A tip for extending the life of your Whitworth wrenches:
>
>Ajustable Whitworth wrenches??? Whats next, metric crecent wrenches?
>SAE vicegrips? I sounds like not everyone shares the same definition
>of what Whitworth wrenches are.

The context of the original statement went away.  Scott Fisher was
talking about owning 2 good crescent wrenches, and commented that in the
garage circles we run in they're called "Whitworth wrenches"
(presumably because they fit those nasty nuts and fittings that your
SAE and metric boxes won't (comment lrc?))  I think all of us who run
in that circle understand that there are "real" Whitworth wrenches,
but since none of us own any, your standard adjustable Crescent-type
has picked up that name.

It's a joke, son, a joke ah say!

andy