Re: Big Healeys

To: minyos.xx.rmit.OZ.AU!s883351@acsu.buffalo.edu (John Taylor [The Banshee])
Subject: Re: Big Healeys
From: tobin@hercules.acsu.buffalo.edu (Mike Tobin)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 91 9:32:02 EDT

> Why did almost all of the AH 3000's have 2700cc (approx) engines, and only
> the Mk 1A (?) have a "real" 3000cc engine (approx)?

I think the 100/6's had the 2700 unit and all the 3000 had the _real_
3000 (2,912 ccs) motor.  At any rarte once they started with the bigger
engine they never went back to the smaller one.

Whne I first saw the specs for the MGC I thought "what a coincidence:
the displacement is identical to the Healey motor."  It never occurred
to me that they would put that heavy and ancient engine in a new MG.

Mike Tobin
planck!hercules!tobin@acsu.buffalo.edu