Ultimate Tool Kit

To: hpupora.nsr.hp.com!mikej@acsu.buffalo.edu (Mike Johnson)
Subject: Ultimate Tool Kit
From: tobin@hercules.acsu.buffalo.edu (Mike Tobin)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 91 10:06:03 EDT

> 1.  Those of you with canvas tool bags are giving up the ability to carry
>     water to your overheated LBC.  My plastic box, cost about $10, carries
>     about 2 gallons.  Or do you just run real fast?

The solution is actually more interesting.  Add a condom to your tool
kit.  Seriously.  When I was in the Air Force  there was a small
survival kit in a pouch on the parachute harness which, aong with a
fishhook on a line, a dime and a wire saw contained a condom.  The
official use for it was to enable the flying helmet to be used as a
water bucket (the crews had other ideas).  There's no reason you couln't
do the same with a tool bag.

Mike Tobin
planck!hercules!tobin@acsu.buffalo.edu