Sources for MGB rebuild parts

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Sources for MGB rebuild parts
From: Timothy Lyle Smith <tsmith@plains.NoDak.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 91 13:20:34 -0600
Roger Garnett writes:
>Unbolting the radiator shroud allows removal of the radiator and oil
>cooler together as a unit. This gives a LOT more room to play.
>Are you leaving the transmission in the car? I don't know how you
>can get the whole assembly out with the radiator in place.

Actually I take the radiator and oil cooler out with the engine.
Since I leave the transmission attached I don't see how I could
get the pair out without removing the radiator.  I started leaving
the radiator on the engine when I had the pull the engine and the
temperture was about 20 degrees outside.  After pulling the engine I could
move inside where it was warm.

  One other thought, ALWAYS unbolt the propeller shaft from the transmission
instead of the differential!  The combination of engine+transmission+shaft
will not come out of the car.  At least not my 74 MGBGT.  There is this
bracket welded across the tunnel that catches the back of the shaft.  It
is no fun to have the engine hanging above the front of your car and have
to go back under to to unbolt the shaft.

       Tim