Re: Midget clutch

To: augi@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com (Joe Augenbraun)
Subject: Re: Midget clutch
From: sfisher@wsl.dec.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 91 11:47:34 PST
>Remove things in an unambiguous way; if there are two hoses that
>look like they could be swapped on reassembly, disconnect one at the engine
>side, the other at the firewall side.  Same with vacuum stuff.  If this cannot
>be done, label (colored paint is good for this) anything that will be
>ambiguous.

Excellent suggestion.  Of course, a '68 Midget should be
pretty simple to reconnect -- there isn't much on it.

>I've always used kerosene.  Is Simple Green any more effective?  Is it worth
>the extra cost?

It's biodegradable, you can dilute it with water, and
it smells fresh and minty. :-)  I use it as a first-line
hand cleaner sometimes, as well as a general-purpose
cleaning solvent.  I have actually washed cars by
spraying Simple Green on the paint and wiping with a
paper towel.  (Of course, that was the race car and
not the show car, but still...)