TRF price list on line?

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: TRF price list on line?
From: kent@parc.xerox.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 1991 23:10:33 PST
Here I sit, compiling my Winter Parts Sale order. Online, of course,
using a spreadsheet so I can conveniently compute what parts get me
what freebies. It all goes well until I have to start looking up
prices. By hand. In a price list that  has over 100 pages this year. I
think to myself, over and over again, I wish this damn list was on line
so I could at least grep for the price list (and "proper" part name).

Then it occurred to me to ask -- since I believe that someone from TRF
is reading this. So, how about it? I'd be more than happy to pay,
certainly something reasonable for the media, and even a premium for
the convenience.

Now, not being in the retail biz, I can imagine that there might be
some reason to not make this information easily available to
competitors. If so, fine, I'll keep looking things up. If not, I'd
really like to see it happen -- I'd even be willing to work on the
software issues, just so I could have the data!

How about it, TRF?

chris

P.S. I'd also love to have this just to be able to pore through the raw
data -- I know there's lots of good stuff buried in there that doesn't
show up in any catalog, like performance goodies.

P.P.S. I'd be less satisfied, but still interested in, a dialup service
that let me type in a part number and get back the line from
the price list. That would give me some convenience and still protect
the data to some degree.