subscribe

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: subscribe
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 91 15:36:17 EST
british-cars@encore.com
Subject: I just bought an MGB

Well, I pulled the trigger and decided to buy the MGB.  For those who don't
remember, I asked about what to look for in a '74 MGB Roadster I've been
looking at, and what it would take to replace the windshield.  Thanks to
all who responded.  Whoever suggested the wiring problem might be a bad
alternater wins the cigar.  The current owner replaced it and problem was
solved.

Description of the car: body is in good shape, although it needs paint, runs
well, the engine was rebuilt 6k miles ago, it has a weber carb (sorry purists
:-), the top is perfect, the windshield
needs to be replaced (thanks for the advice, I think I'll have it done
professionally for $125 total), and the interior is kind of torn up.

The guy was asking $1600, I got it for $1300 with a spare transmission and a
spare starter and numerous other parts he has lying around the garage.  Not
to bad of I deal I thought (but what do I know), it helps that its January in
Dayton Ohio, not exactly prime convertible weather.  The car started
with no problem when I test drove it yesterday when it was 25 degrees out.

I also have a 75 MGB (with a 72 engine) that I would like to sell, cause I just
don't have room for it.  It is in parts car condition, I'm asking $ 500, but if
their is some part you need maybe we can work something out.

Any comments or suggestions?  I am sure I will be asking the b-c.mail for
help.  Now I just have to decide what color to paint it :-)

Bob "Have I lost my mind, I just bought a British car" Jones
bobj@meaddata.com