Inspecting trannies and diffs: any hints?

Subject: Inspecting trannies and diffs: any hints?
From: "Darrell Walker" <walker@hprpcd.rose.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 91 13:05:13 PST
Since my TR4A is mostly apart at this time (I'm pulling the body off
the frame this weekend or next), I felt it would be a good opportunity
to check out the transmission and differential.  All of the inspection
procedures in the manual involve major disassembly of the units.  Is
there anything I can do to check them out without completly taking
them apart?  I don't really suspect that anything is really wrong, but
the diff seems a little noisy (but its hard to know what is "normal").

--
   Darrell Walker                 walker@hprpcd.hp.com
   (916) 785-4059                 HPDesk: walker (hprpcd) /HP5200/UX