TR6 U-joints... success!

To: british-cars%encore@cs.washington.edu
Subject: TR6 U-joints... success!
From: timke%microsoft@cs.washington.edu
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 91 09:41:08 PDT
thanks to everyone who responded!  as it turned out, u-joints are as
easy as you all said.  i finished the job last night just past
midnight and drove the '6 into work today.  one day downtime must be
some kind of record for me :-)

if i had known that it would only cost me $60 and 2 nights to get rid
of that nasty clunk i would've done it a lot sooner.  now it's down to
an almost unnoticeable clunk, which i suppose is the 2 u-joints on the
drive shaft, which i may do this weekend (now that i know how easy the
u-joints are), depending on whether i will have to pull my (non-stock)
exhaust.

thanks again!

-tim
aka timke@microsoft.com or uunet!microsoft!timke