MGB suspension

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: MGB suspension
From: salex@jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 91 11:15:31 PDT
There's hope that the MGB will actually be roadworthy by the end of
Labor Day (although that goal may be a bit optomistic) so I'm
beginning to look at doing some of the things that should be done as
opposed to the things that have to be done.

The first on this list is the suspension.  From a quick look under
the car, it's clear that at least I need to replace the A-arm
bushings (I think that's the name) and the steering boots.  At this
point, I'm looking for advice on what to watch out for and also what
other items I should replace as long as I'm down there.  I noticed
that Moss sells a steering rebuild kit for not much more than the
boots;  should I just get this?  Someone suggested using nylon
bushings instead of the original rubber ones when I first joined this
list, but gave some caveats.  Now that I have some idea of what this
means, could someone refresh my mind on the caveats.

Thanks,
Scott Alexander
salex@devvax.jpl.nasa.gov