Re: gearbox on 1500 midget

To: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@cc
Subject: Re: gearbox on 1500 midget
From: garnett@theory.tc.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 1991 08:40:22 EDT
} that someone posted a way to coax the gearbox out, without removing the
} engine.  I've been putting off doing the gearbox, because I don't
} really have the means or space to take the engine out too.  If anyone

IF you could do this, it would be a lot harder than pulling the
engine first, or with trans.  You can get just the transmission out
of a Spit or TR.

Means? Unbolt everything, and go rent a engine hoist for 1/2 day. Or,
hitch a come-along to something strong. Or, get 3 friends, and
some 2 by's, and lift. (In that case, it's easier to pull the engine,
then the trans.)

Space? A friend with space, or maybe the parking lot at K-Mart....

   ________
  /___  _  \        Roger Garnett   (garnett@BATCOMPUTER.TC.CORNELL.EDU)
 /|   ||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   | South Lansing Centre For
| |___||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            | Wayward Sports Cars
| | \  |   | |      Cornell University       | (Lansing, NY)
 \|  \ |__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853       | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!