PREVIOUS OWNER BASHING

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: PREVIOUS OWNER BASHING
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 10 Oct 91 13:35:44
        Reply to:   PREVIOUS OWNER BASHING
Phil Ethier writes:

--------------------------------------
Date: 10/10/91
To: Jerry Kaidor
From: phile@pwcs.StPaul.GOV
tobin@neagp.enet.dec.com writes >

Yeah is is hard to belive what the proverbial "former owner" (aka "Meathead
former owner") has done to cars.

***** I once bought a nice little Datsun 1200 coupe from this guy.  Shortly
after buying it, the head gasket blew.  I got the car home, and pulled the
head.  When I picked up the rocker arm shaft, it came off in two pieces in my
hand!  It seems that this bozo had held the *broken* rocker arm shaft in place
by drilling through the shaft and pedestal, and threading the head for a GREAT
BIG COARSE-THREAD AMERICAN BOLT.  The head was a total loss.  Luckily, there
were other cars of that general type in the wrecking yard...

So, people, what's the most off the wall mod you've seen on your
newly-purchased old car?

   - Jerry